Howdy friends, hope everyone’s well!
1st of all I’m really sorry for being so awful at updating, college and its endless exams and assignments tend to leave me pretty wrecked by the end of the week, so any spare time is generally spent sleeping, or trying to catch up with friends, but I’ll try to pop up new posts whenever I can.
Secondly, 2 weeks ago I reached 500 followers, and my dark birthday/winter makeup post has now got 149 likes. While I firmly believe that we should never measure ourselves by the number of likes or follows we get, it was still ridiculously amazing to see all the support you guys have given. So thank you so so much! And all the lovely comments mean so much! thank you ❤
I don’t know about you, but I’m a little tired of the endless grey skies, rain and freezing cold, and starting to get a little impatient for summer with its long evenings and summer dresses, so I figured I’d do a post on this look I posted on IG last summer. This one’s super easy and is fun if you want to experiment with colour.
- Base – Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturiser, YSL touch éclat, UD eye primer potion.
- Using an eyeshadow blending brush, I worked Brule shadow from MAC all over the lids.
- Next, using the same brush, I took the Chrome Yellow, also from MAC and generously applied it over the lids and across the lower lash line.
- Rule, a rust orange (MAC) was then blended from the centre to the outer corner of the lid and a little bit brought along the lower lash line.
- Finally, I applied Blush lipstick from Bobbi Brown (ideally I wanted to use a more nude, or beige/brown shade of lipstick but I didnt have any and Blush was the closest I had to nude… I still feel something with a more beige undertone might have been better, but nude is always pretty innocuous i guess!) and some mascara and bronzer . DONEZOS!
Yup, ONE brush and a bit of swishing and swirling, really easy, really fun! this look is all about blending, blending, blending until you’re happy with your look.
What kind of looks do you like to wear when the sun finally pops its head out? Would love to hear!
Hope you liked this look, and if there’s anything you’d like to see a post on, feel free to pop it in the comments below or drop me a comment on instagram.
Have a great week! ❤