Does anyone else remember Keira Knightley’s makeup from the London premiere of ‘Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit’ back in early 2014? She wore a warm dark brown smokey eye and tomato red lip. The look was created by the ever beautiful and talented Lisa Eldridge, and it’s been one of my favourite red carpet looks ever since – it was utter Hollywood glamour PERFECTION! I just HAD to give it a try 😉
Here’s what I used:
FACE (I’ll just list these – because the fun parts of this look were the eyes and lips):
- Armani luminous silk foundation and YSL touche eclat foundation with Mac strobe cream (mixed together and blended out to get a sheer, dewy finish)
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze – 03
- Mac Soft and Gentle as highlighter
- First of all, UD eye primer potion was used to tackle all those monolid struggles!
- Next, I swept Mac Brule shadow over the lid up to the brow bone
- To warm up the base colour, I used Naked and Buck, both from the UD Naked palette over the lid, with Buck being focused mainly at the outer corner to create some dimension.
- Using some of this beautiful shimmery chocolate brown from Benefit (I’m not sure what it’s called, sorry) and a soft blending brush, I went over the lid, blending all the shades together, again going a bit darker towards the outer corners.
- Some liquid liner gently winged out to up the glamour
- After that I ran Badgal waterproof eyeliner from Benefit along the lower water line and smudged and blended it out a little using the chocolate brown colour and a little bit of Embark shadow from Mac.
- Finally, I finished the eyes with 2 coats of mascara, some ‘Naked’ pigment from Mac in the inner corner of the eyes and a generous helping of brow gel.
LIPS (this was really fun):
- To create the bold orange-red lip colour, I applied a generous amount of Flaunt It from Sleek to the lips, then using a lipbrush, mixed in some Lady Danger from Mac. Then went back with more Flaunt It – just to make sure I could stop traffic with the colour 😉
- I didn’t use any lipliner as I wanted to keep the look modern and young
As I was wearing it during the day, and since it’s still kinda summer-ish time, I went a little more orange with the lips and a tiny bit less smokey on the eyes than Keira. Here’s my finished look:
I posted this pic on Instagram a few days ago, and Lisa Eldridge herself actually commented and subsequently featured it as one of her #mylisalooks on her IG. Not gonna lie, I was pretty over the moon ❤
Hope you like this look! Make sure to check out Lisa Eldridge on Instagram and Youtube and on her blog! Would love to know what you think, and whose makeup looks you admire!
Have a lovely week, talk soon! 🙂