So there’s been a little cut-out from a 2012 issue of Vogue stuck on my wall for the last 4 yrs – it was from the Chanel Spring 2012 show and I fell in love instantly with the beautiful airy and ethereal feel of it. I’d wanted to try something like it for years, but never really got around it – until now 😉
The look was based around glowing, ‘natural’ skin, eyes and lips, and LOTs of pearl details – this was my take on it:
- Face: First of all, I applied Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream as a base. Next, I mixed YSL Touche Eclat Foundation (I used foundation a shade or 2 lighter and a hint cooler than I usually would as I felt it fit the pearlescent look a little better) with MAC Strobe Cream and a drop of argan oil (mixing foundation with a drop of natural oils is a great way to create a really glowing, dewy finish).
2. Eyes: MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter Light Boost was used over the lid as a base and under the eyes to brighten any darkness. MAC pigment in ‘Naked’ was then patted over the entire lid, concentrating on the mobile part , and Soft & Gentle Mineralise Skinfinish from MAC was then used to blend the eye makeup up towards the brow bone. Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner was used along the upper lash line and set with black shadow (I used Carbon from MAC).
3. Eyes – the fun part: I found these lovely little ‘pearl’ stickers in a local arts and crafts shop for €2.75. They were really easy to apply – I literally just stuck them on, no glue or any other product, and they lasted the day (yes, I did go out for the day with a few on… ). On the brows I used Bobbi Brown Clear Brow gel to give a youthful full brow effect. And finally, don’t forget mascara 😉
4. Cheeks: LIPSTICK – yup, you heard me! Lipstick as cheek colour is great for a sheer dewy finish, it also helps tie the whole look together. For this, I took my 2 new favourites nude/pink/blush hues and, using my fingers, blended them onto my cheeks… A little highlighter (Hush from MAC again) was blended just above the ‘blush’ to highlight the high parts of the cheekbones.
5. Lips: I used the same lipsticks that I used on my cheeks, using the darker one first, and the lighter, more sheer colour over it, and finally topped it all off with a nice dallop of MAC clear Lipglass for maximum impact 😉
This was the final look …
Hope you liked this, let me know what you think, and would love to hear what inspiration you like to take from the runways! Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!